Content of the course
This course is a baseline course on leadership. The materials are developed from a Christian view on leadership, but are also inspired by modern writers on (school) leadership. The aspects of leadership presented in this course are especially relevant in the context of a developing country.
The course starts with aspects of leadership, inspired by a passage from the Bible. Participants will reflect on their own situation in relation to a Biblical view.
In the next module, participants will learn about educational leadership and the responsibilities of school leaders. “Leading yourself” will be discussed, connected with an introduction of Covey’s 7 habits. Regarding change leadership, participants will be able to identify change factors and to mention steps to bring change into practice.
Participants will become aware of the power of a vision and collective ambition in leading a team and will learn different ways to motivate the members of a team. At the end of the course, the participants will write and present a change plan.
The participants will get new insights and ideas regarding the way they lead the school. By learning in a group of principals they will experience and enjoy the effect of peer-learning. During the course new working methods that also can be used in schools are practiced. By learning in a reflective way, the participants learn how to improve their leadership via a process of evaluation, reflection and learning.
- Christian leadership
- Participants are able to describe some important essentials of being a leader as a Christian.
- Personal Leadership
- Participants can describe examples of effective behaviour of a school leader
- Participants can, based on a meta analyses describe success factors for effective school leaders.
- Participants understand the principles of personal leadership, as developed by Stephen R. Covey in his book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®
- Participants can explain how they can practice the theory in their leadership
- Change leadership
- Participants will have learned to reflect on change experiences in order to learn from it.
- Participants will be able to identify effective and doable change factors and to mention steps to bring change into practice.
- Participants will have learned how to make a change plan
- Team leadership
- Participants know the power of a vision and collective ambition in leading a team.
- Participants will understand different ways to motivate the members of a team.
- Participants know different learning styles and levels of learning and are able to use this knowledge to make a change plan more effective.
- Participants will understand the importance of good feedback and know the rules of good feedback.
The price of the products and services developed by INCE Office depend on the local context of the country.
Partners of the INCE network
Please, contact the project coordinator of your country for purchase options.
New customers can make a request for quotation directly.
INCE Office can offer this product to your (educational) organisation.
S.P. (Sjoerd) van den Berg
Project Manager INCE
Phone: +31 182 760 380