On October 3rd Woord en Daad organized an event about Sierra Leone. About 40 sponsors were present during this event. Sanday Kamara from our partner organization CTF and Jonathan Bambara from partner organization EFSL spoke about the impact of the sponsorship program in Sierra Leone.
They highlighted the INCE program, the ebola epidemic in 2014/2015 and the WASH program at their schools.
After the presentation of Sanday and Jonathan there was time for discussion between sponsors, CTF staff and Woord en Daad staff. We had good discussions in 4 different groups. Questions were asked about
- the context of Sierra Leone regarding religion
- what kind of work partner organizations do locally
- number of sponsored / non sponsored children at the schools of CTF & EFSL
- what kind of support is given to the children
- sponsors shared their experience in sponsoring a child in Sierra Leone
- extra gifts
The event was hosted in a business office from one of the sponsors who’s sponsoring 6 children in Sierra Leone.